India’s vote didn’t matter anyway.
- US and Israel both knew that not many countries will support their decision in UN because of the sizeable population of Muslims in most countries. Neither of them were really expecting the vote to go in their favour.
- And that is why neither of them coerced any of their allies to vote in their favour.
- For once and for we all need to accept that the UN will be pointless in determining the future of Jerusalem because there will never be consensus on it.
- Hence, it didn’t make any sense for Indian government to vote in the favour when they themselves have over 200 Million Muslims.
- “Voting for” was completely pointless and “voting against” could create a stir in your own country.
And hence India Voted against US’ Jerusalem recognition.
AND ISREAL OR US DIDNT REALLY CARE.
Answer link here.